Saturday, October 31, 2009

trick-or-treat




This has been Lizzie's first real Halloween. We didn't do anything last year since she was only a few weeks old, but this year we've been partying all week long. There was the ward trunk-or-treat, trick-or-treating on the lawn, and a couple of big parties. These pictures are from trick-or-treating on the lawn. The Lawn is the central part of UVA grounds right in front of the rotunda. It's lined by apartments reserved for honors students, apartments made famous by the former resident Edgar Allan Poe. The students pass out tons of candy, and just about every kid in Charlottesville goes to the lawn for the big event. We rode the bus from our apartment to the lawn, which Lizzie loved, and made our way through the crouds to get the loot. Lizzie was content with her first two pieces of candy but John and I quickly recognized the potential... a cute baby who could accept generous amounts of candy and not care a bit if her parents ate it all. So we made her press on, cutting in line and sweetly inserting comments like, "Ooo Lizzie, get the swedish fish. You're going to love those!" We had a really good time, and hopefully our little chicken didn't think it was too bad either.

16 comments:

Carrie said...

ok. it's official. i miss you so bad it hurts. call me please!!!

Rachel said...

I am so happy to see a blog update. You look great - I hope you're feeling better. Happy Halloween. And for the record, she's the cutest chicken I've ever seen.

Alyssa/Jo said...

I think you've caught the true spirit of Halloween: Having your child do all the work!

Lizzie is adorable and you just keep looking better and better! Love you guys and miss you too!

Also, your pictures of the previous post are gorgeous!

Maria said...

I am thrilled to see all of these fun pictures!!Lizzie is so big and so cute!! I can't believe she's one! I can't wait to see you guys at thanksgiving. love ya!

Megan Bleazard said...

She is so cute! I love her chicken costume!! I cant believe how big she is! We hope you guys are doing good!!!

Megan Bleazard said...

P.S. That picture of you is HOTT!!

Jen said...

Wow I can't believe Lizzie is already a year old! She is just adorable, and I think it's awesome had her get extra candy. It's like a parents tithing, right ;) haha

joshandemily said...

She is a doll! We were just out at UVA a couple weeks ago-I didn't realize we were that close to you guys. We really need to get together sometime. Have you been to Carter Mtn??? We love it out there.

McKell&Janeene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci said...

Emily we are thinking of you and praying for your family! Our hearts go out to you.

Kyle Lemmon said...

Emily,

Andrea and I are thinking about you and your baby girl. John was the most wonderful hometeaching companion I have ever had. He was a wonderful man.

Kyle and Andrea Lemmon

Desiree Bowen said...

Emily- we love you and are praying for you.

Ashley Jackson said...

Emily, I don't even know what to say except that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You and John are one of the nicest couples we have ever met. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the two of you. John was such a wonderful man. I pray that you will be blessed with peace and comfort at this difficult time.

Love, Ashley and Shaye Jackson

Jared and Jessica said...

Emily,
We were so sorry to hear about John. We have you and your family in our prayers. Jared enjoyed serving with him in the 147th ward. The two of you have been wonderful examples to many and have touched many people in that ward with your quiet examples. We love you and pray that you will be comforted at this time.
Love
Jared and Jessica Stephens

Luke and Mariah said...

Oh Em, my heart just aches for you. Luke and I cried all morning. I hope you know how many people love you and are praying for you. I just can't believe it. You two are great examples to us and you truly are the most inspiring girl I know. Christ will be on your right hand and on your left. I love you.

-Murtizzle

McKell&Janeene said...

Emily,

I don't know what to say. I love you...And I pray that you feel the love and prayers of so many at this time and always.