Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Pooh Bombs






Well, Lizzy’s first photo shoot was kind of a disaster. After 13 days of very little sleep John and I were both pretty grumpy, setting the whole experience off to a bad start. Then Kalin, the photographer, wanted Lizzy to be completely naked for the pictures. I was worried Lizzy might pee if we took her diaper off, but Kalin assured me that everything was washable if she did. Not long after the diaper was removed came the first of the surprises. Lizzy pooped…but it was no ordinary pooh. It was explosive, shooting out with such force that everything within 3 square feet was covered with green, soupy poop. We cleaned it all up and tried to continue. But, Lizzy was so fussy that every picture turned out looking like an advertisement requesting donations to help suffering children. Then came the second of the surprise pooh bombs, this time all over John. Still, it wasn’t enough to relieve poor little Lizzy. The more upset she became the more upset I became. Finally, Kalin suggested we take a break so I could feed Lizzy. It was a good idea, but I was such a basket case by then that as I sat down to nurse I didn’t think to put her diaper back on. Big mistake! Within 30 seconds Lizzy blasted me with pooh bomb number three! This time I was completely covered, but I was more concerned about the white…now green…upholstered couch we were sitting on. John laughed and I cried. What an evening! Despite the mess I’m grateful for the experience because looking back we can both laugh and we ended up with some great pictures of our little girl.

17 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

Emily I loved reading about your wonderful experience!:) I was laughing and had to read it out loud to Shaye so he'd know what was so funny. I'm sorry that it didn't go as planned but it will be something you can always look back on and laugh. But I must say that they are beautiful pictures no one would ever know of the trouble you went through. I especially like the last one with Lizzy's hand over her face, she was really loving it:) She is a doll!

Chris & Jennie said...

Oh Em! I can't believe that! I would have cried too -- and yes, Chris probably would have laughed. But the pictures turned out great, they are just precious.

Danika said...

Wow! What a great story - as horrible as it sounds to have gone through :) I had to miss class a couple weeks ago b/c Henry had a blow out on my way out the door. Fun times! Your pictures are beautiful though!

Traci M said...

Wow, that is the funniest thing ever. I couldn't stop laughing and I had to tell Kurt all about it. I'm glad you're having so much fun. :) I hope things are going well for you.

Traci

Cherie Dick said...

another great story, you guys are off to an awesome roll of wonderful times. I can't believe how much Lizzy does look like John. they are beautiful pictures and you'll be so glad that you have them. I have already been telling Thomas, Sarah and Timothy stories about their new cousin Lizzy and they are so excited to meet her. we can't wait to see you!

Maria said...

I think every new parent has to have a good poop story...but I think you've topped them all! wowsers. so funny. Such cute pictures though, I LOVE them!! You guys are amazing.

Alison said...

I am so sorry about the thrice-come mishap! I was laughing cause I felt bad for you. The pictures turned out great though!

heather said...

Oh what memories! Thanks for sharing - totally cracks me up. But I love your pictures - they are perfect!!

Danny Bennett said...

So hilarious!!!! I can't wait to tell Danny. Of course these things happen to the Jones family. I can't wait for more stories like these. :) The pictures are so cute! Em, you are so beautiful, as always. John, you were pretty cute but I won't call you beautiful. Lizzy is so cute. I laughed at the one of her foot. It looks so big because of the angle. No offense!! It's a very cute big foot. :) Love you guys.

Danny Bennett said...

Here is our address:
1170 Foothill Drive #312
Salt Lake City, UT 84108

You guys are awesome, I am so happy for you.

AlliSMiles said...

what a sweet little one. i hope we get to meet her soon!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Em I got your comment and was going to just call you but I realize that you are two hours later than me so you are probably sleeping. Or maybe your up with Lizzy:) So I called my dad and he does do stuff like that but he does it mostly locally within Utah. He said you would probably be better off, and it would be cheaper for you if you went with a larger company. He suggested a place called Miller Photography. He didn't know their exact address but said if you just google Miller commercial photography services you could probably find it. I hope this is helpful for you. I would love to talk to you so maybe I'll try calling you tomorrow:)

Carrie said...

EM!!!

as promised (like 6 months ago), here is my blog thing... chrisandcarriehillier.blogspot.com and maybe if i know you're reading it, i might even post something more than once a month. but don't hold your breath... chances are still slim!

LOVE YOU TONS!!!

ps- great story, i loved it.

Anonymous said...

lizzy is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait until I get to be with your wonderful family at Christmas time. I laughed my head off at that story it was so funny, I can't wait until I have my own little poop machine. Love you lots!

laradouglasphotography.blogspot.com said...

I laughed and cried when I read your blog! The pictures are beautiful and Lizzy is so gourgouse! I miss you guys! All my love,Lara

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

What a funny experience!! But that would have been frustrating at the time! Love the pics!

Cheryl said...

Of all the crazy ways to find people. I was just goofing off and typed dixieflyers2001.blogspot.com and found it was taken! Luckily I was able to follow the link over and see your beautiful family! Congrats on Elizabeth, she's beautiful!