Monday, October 13, 2008

To my mom




I’ve often heard that you don’t really understand how much your parents love you until you become a parent yourself. I believe it. Not only because I feel that deep love for Elizabeth, but because in becoming a mother I, once again, find myself in the helpless position of being completely dependent on my mom. When I don’t know what I’m doing (which seems to be always) she picks up the pieces. When I was younger she did everything for me, but I didn’t always notice. Mom, now I notice. Thank you for your completely selfless love, for the way you quietly go about taking care of everyone around you without need for praise or recognition. You are a truly amazing woman. I love you.

4 comments:

AlliSMiles said...

how radiant do you look right after having a baby?!!

Jen said...

yay for moms! Congrats you two on little Elizabeth. She is just beautiful! I am so excited for you two :)

Mary Beck said...

oh don't worry.. after that picture of lizzy and your mom.. I'm just sitting here bawling. I think one day, that pictre will be even more priceless than it is now. Man, Em. I miss you! And you look TOO great for just having had a baby. not fair. good luck on the breastfeeding thing, lizzy lookds adorable in all her cute clothes!

Anonymous said...

Is that yo mama? Fo sho