Monday, October 13, 2008

Toast in the Shower





First of all, thanks everyone for all your kind comments. John, Lizzy, and I feel so loved! Things up to this point have gone smoothly, mostly thanks to my wonderful mom. She spent the last week and a half doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, etc. around here while I spent about 20 hours out of every 24 trying to figure out how to feed our new, ravenous, little bundle of hunger. When my mom left yesterday morning I quickly realized that two hands just don't cut it. Welcome to the real world! While John was at church I desperately tried to get Miss Elizabeth Dawn to eat a big lunch and go down for a nap so I could get ready and catch the next ward's sacrament meeting. Instead she wanted to snack every 45 minutes with 10 minute naps in between. Sabotage! Well, thanks to a little miracle and a quick breakfast of toast in the shower, I made it! I imagine we'll be seeing a few more of those mornings in the near future, but I'm excited to be making it...one slice of toast at a time.

9 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

I'm so excited you put new pictures up. It looks like you guys are doing great and you look great too! I love the picture of you and your mom and Lizzy, you are all beautiful:) I loved your story about toast in the shower, I'm sure you will get the hang of things fast and be a super mom!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Congratulations girl!! Lizzy is absolutely beautiful - just like her mom! I can't wait to meet her.

Alison said...

I bet it's QUITE the transition. Lizzy is too cute. That picture with John and her is adorable!
We will definitely be in Utah over Christmas and we'd love to meet with you three and Chrissy! We'll be there Christmas eve through January 3.

Cherie Dick said...

flip emily, you've already done 3 posts since Lizzy was born! you are absolutely amazing. keep it up because I love the updates. i just have to laugh at your title! yes, welcome to the world of being a mother, right... well, i'm sure most everyone tells, it really does get better and better and better. And so will you at handling everything. love ya

Rach said...

So darling!! I followed the link from the R.S. email announcing Lizzie's arrival. You all look so happy, and that makes me smile. (This is Rachel Bailey, btw)

Meg said...

Hi Emily! This is Megan Hambly. I found your blog through Loni Waggener's :) Lizzy is beautiful--congratulations! I am so happy for you and John.

Sariah said...

Congratulations!! It's so amazing being a mother!! I hope everything is going well for you two! By the way, you take amazing photos!!!

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

She is soooo cute!!!
I love seeing your pics?

dan and laura said...

when do we get to see her!! man she is so cute. I love the picture of her and john! Come back soon, I want to see Lizzy!! -and of course you guys too :)